Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time in South Georgia

I have been in South Ga all week visiting my Dad. We went to the back of the pond to see if we could see an alligator with the boys. I saw something hit the water twice and since neither of the boys cast their lures....I did. This guy weighed a little under three pounds. Daddy gets the most excited when their is a bass on the other end of a line. See Miss Teen, we have our life jackets on! My grandaddy had this pond made back when I was about Marshall's age...and it has brought years of enjoyment for our entire family. I look forward to many more fishing trips. Just for the record, my largest fish out of this pond weighed about 8.5 pounds....... I really don't have that much skill, the pond is just full of nice bass. Buddy enjoyed picking the blooms off the lilly pads and evaluating all the different lures. He did reel in one fish the previous morning.

2 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow, those boys are getting big and handsome.

Nice fish too!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Fishing is fun...quilting is more fun though! We missed you at retreat, but it looks like you're having a great time there.