Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
My job was to bind it and I didn't finish it until Sunday morning (sitting at the hotel in Asheville) so I decided what a better way to get a nice photo than to hike with it and display it against God's Fall color pallete atop Tennant mountain.
Monday, October 20, 2008
We saw Los Lonely Boys in Aheville at the Orange Peel on Saturday night after the day hike. We had just enough time to eat noodles at Dok Cheys first...yum.
This is a great venue, just look how close we were. I only had my phone on my camera to take this shot. If you like Stevie Ray Vaughn (which Go Postal does) you would really love this band. They are three brothers from Seminole Texas and they ROCK!
Whole Wheat and Dairy Queen sat down on a bench where they could still hear but not have to stay on their feet and listen to the extreme bass. They had about as much fun watching the Asheville crowd come in and leave during the concert.
The ski club did this hike on Saturday and we may have been a bit early for peak color, the parkway was packed. This is a shot from near the top where we stopped to eat lunch, you cansee the Linn Cove Viaduct in the background. It was pretty breezy at the top, we tried to eat along a rock face to stay out of the wind.
Off Camber, Sugar Maple, and Bunny Foo Foo pose for a self portrait near the end of the hike!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Its been four month's since I last saw Sofia...and wow what changes. She is walking and saying a few words. She can shake her finger at you when she knows she is doing somthing she shouldn't be doing, and has her ears pierced. Her Mom and Dad are speaking mostly Spanish to her since she will get English from everyone else. Her first word was bomba which is Spanish for balloon. She is full of curls and smiles and a delightful little lady (ok I am probably a little biased!!) She had fun chasing Zorro (gato) around the house and even sampled his food before I got his bowl off the floor. She will be a big sister in April!!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
1.Where is your cell phone? Both on table downstairs
2.Where is your significant other? Hmm, probably on a ladder fixing something
3.Your hair color? Brown/Gray....
4. Your mother? With her Heavenly Father
5. Your father? Pigging out at his 50th High School Reunion
6. Your favorite thing? Starbucks Latte (I assume we are talking inanimate objects)
7. Your dream last night? Don't remember any.
8. Your dream/goal? Have a secure financial future, then the health to spend it traveling in retirement
9. The room you're in? Sewing/Computer/Dumping Station
10. Your hobby? Quilting/Cycling/Hiking/Skiing
11. Your fear? Becoming a burden for someone
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Reading bedtime stories
13. Where were you last night? With Go Postal trying to fix my air conditioner drain
14. What you're not? Organized
15. One of your wish-list items? a 1967 sports car (same model year as me)
16. Where you grew up? Texas and Wyoming
17. The last thing you did? Planted Pansies
18. What are you wearing? Sweats
19. Your TV? Not up with the times....a 25" Sony, not flat screen or HD
20. Your pet? Zorro the Cat
21. Your computer? Full of stuff I should back up
22. Your mood? Melancholy
23. Missing Someone? My Mom
24. Your car? Which one....The Gas Guzzler, The Truck that was my Grandfathers, or the Civic
25. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
26. Favorite store? It would be a combo biking/quilting store....called Spokes and Stitches
27. Your summer? Gone
28.Love someone? Lots of someones, but one mailman in particular
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? Hard, when Whole Wheat told the story of trying to put chicken bones he found in the yard down his garbage disposal
31. When is the last time you cried? Been a few weeks now...
Thursday, October 2, 2008
My Sisters and I gave Dad a flight in a WWII aircraft for his birthday....and this was the week his flight was scheduled so they drove up. Here he is taking off in the AT6??
He takes off! We had about 15 minutes to wait. Little Man asked Grandaddy all morning if he was scared. Then after he took off, he kept asking if Grandaddy was coming back. Buddy got to leave school a few minutes early so he could also watch the flight.