Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Coupon Girl


OK so I never really had time to use coupons. I ran into the store, maybe even on my lunch hour....got what I needed and took off. But with my extra time and emphasis on tightening the budget I decided to go the coupon route. I have even got the little organizer folder. Wednesdays are when the new sale papers come out for the grocery stores so I went shopping today. I draw the line at going to all the stores for their specials (I think you end up burning enough gas to counteract the savings) I stuck with Harris Teeter, used my VIC card, and they will double up to 20 coupons.


The best is when you have a coupon for something on VIC special. Like Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream (1/3 less calories and 1/2 the fat). They were buy one get one free, and I had a dollar off coupon which was doubled. Oh Yeah...final cost about fifty cents!


I saved $73 off my $200 cart. Cha Ching, now is that $73 I can spend at Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival next week? Maybe half of it at least.....

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I understand that spending (saving?) logic!

Carrie P. said...

that is great. Don't be like me and get to the register, pay for it all and then remember you have coupons. UGH!
Have fun a Mid Atlantic. Remember you are on a budget. lol