Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My favorite spot

I have on my bucket list to go back to the Tetons often. I first saw these mountains in the 4th grade when my family moved from Houston to Casper Wyoming. No other range has stirred me like these. From Grand Targhee you get to look at the back of these peaks. I snapped this on my phone of Ken taking pictures. Hopefully the one of GP and I turned out. There is a shot of us at the top of the Jackson Hole tram. The skiing is pretty steep from here but I want to make one more trip to try the waffles they make in this cabin at the top. This cabin was built about the time I was born to facilitate the building of the original tram. They replaced it a few years back with one that gets 100 skiers to the top (standing) in about five minutes.

5 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Looks like you all are having a good time. Sure is beautiful. Bring a little snow back with yiu, okay?

Becky G said...

Wow... Amazing! Such a great adventure. Those mountains are just wonderous! Hope your trip continues to be grand. Travelling mercies. B

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh how I wish I were there to see these beautiful mountains too... looks like I will be populating my bucket list today. Be safe, my friend!

quiltkeemosabe said...

It looks cold but you guys look great! And the mountains are beautiful! I'd say keep the snow out there, but Salem Stitcher will get upset with me! Enjoy!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Wow...what beauty! Looks like you're having a blast :)