Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ready to fly....off the nest anyway

I know that I must be a little stressed. In about a week we fly about as far from home as we can get to bring home a little boy that we really know very little about. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled but one of the by products of this stress and nesting is weight gain. The scales dont really show much gain but my clothes do! I won't have any pants to wear next week (at least not any I want to be in for the 19 hour trip over) if something doesn't change.

A friend that went through this last year told me it was normal...and that we will all lose weight the first week together. I guess I will just have some baby weight to lose just like we were having a biological son. Hope he likes the stroller because when we get home I plan on getting outside and enjoying the NC Spring....which should be here by now!

3 comments:

Lila said...

Just like a biological baby!! You'll get it off in about 1 year, but that's normal too :)

Salem Stitcher said...

Let me know when we can start walking after work. We'll show Wade all the cool walking spots around town.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Best wishes for smooth transitions! I'm not worried in the least about you and your active lifestyle... you and Pang-Pang will be sleek and trim in no time at all.