Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Gotcha Day

It was exactly one year ago today that Wade was placed in our arms. He didn't initially like us or his new stuffed animal Bandito very much but he has warned up to us all now. I decided it would be cute to get a photo of him each year with Bandito to mark his growth. (And my new Nikon arrived today so maybe I will stop posting fuzzy iPhone photos)


I have also worn this Jade pendant for the last year. It has the Chinese word happiness in silver in the center. I will clean it up now and I will only wear it occasionally as it is our intent to let Wade have it to give his bride on their wedding day. It is traditional for Chinese grooms to give Jade to their brides. I hope it will be special to her that we got it on our trip to bring him home. 

We celebrated tonight by getting some dumplings and sticky rice at the Thai place in Elkin. I know it's not Chinese but close enough.  

It's been a wonderful first year. It has been fun watching his personality take shape and our bond grow ever deeper. We love you Wade Michael. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The perfect post to start my day! Happy 'Gotcha Day' to all of you!! :)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

What a blessing :)

Carrie P. said...

What a sweet post. I love that you are saving the necklace for his bride.
Thanks for coming by my blog to send congratulations on my new grandson. For some reason your comment didn't come to email. I am pretty excited to be a grandma and I am grateful he lives nearby.