Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another quilt show comes and goes

They are every two years but it was easy to see what dominated my last two years. Anticipating Wade's homecoming we started reaching out to family and friends for his 100 wishes quilt. I can't wait to see the corresponding scrapbook my sister and niece have been working on.  Gina Allen custom quilted this for me and Mrs Goodneedle taught me how to add piping to the border. These two things really enhanced this quilt and it received an honorable mention.


I also entered the eye spy that his quilting "aunties" surprised us with after he came home. This one will so be on his toddler bed. I am sadly going to have to soon take down the baby bed. 

Ohio quilter has never entered a quilt show but she pieced this one And Mrs Goodneedle quilted it (even using glow in the dark thread). Quiltkeemosabe did the great Peanuts embroidery and Muriel embroidered his name. Others all contributed the fabrics.  All together they got a blue in the group category and Wade loves it too. 



It won't be long before he can scramble up a ladder and help take a show down. There will be many car and quilt shows in his future I am sure. 

No comments: