Sunday, January 3, 2016

My Christmas Treat

Dad always gives us a check for Christmas and as I get older I really look forward to getting to splurge on something I might not otherwise buy.

 This year I bought a really nice pot. I am trying to get away from Teflon and read up on several kinds before deciding to get a Staub. It's cast iron with an enamel finish. The interior isn't exactly like grandmothers cast iron as its been annondized for better non stick features. 

So with the new pot I got a Williams and Sonoma cookbook called "one pot of the day" which literally has 365 recipes and they follow what is in season during the year. 

Tonight I am trying the porter braised chicken with root vegetables. The picture looks like this:

Wish me luck
All while Mike and Wade are working very hard on homework. Pretty awesome


1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy these days, they're treasures forever! Can't wait to hear how the dinner turned out, it looks great. Are you going to prepare all 365 recipes? That pot really is a beauty!