Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What a Weekend!




I took a few days off work, and quilted at my semi-annual Quilt retreat, went to a Laidies Holiday dinner with Go Postal's sister....and finished off with a hike up Hawksbill to celebrate Dairy Queen's birthday!
The color in our NC mountains was late this year, and even though we were a few weeks past the peak, the view was great and sure beat sitting at the computer in the office!

I was able to complete the quilt tops for Sofia and my Not Fretting Forty signature quilt, they will be off to the long arm quilters ASAP.


In addition let me say what a charitable group my quilting friends are. I shared with them my desire to take some children's quilts to D.R. (see earlier post) and Salem Stitcher provided over 20 alone. I know these will brighten the faces of many kids and give them something to treasure of their very own.


The Ladies Dinner was a great way to kick off the Holiday season and remind me not to get caught up in every little detail preparing for the gift giving, meal planning, etc...but to remember the real meaning of this special time of year.


























2 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I do not know how you fit all of that in one long weekend but I know you did. I saw it happen! You are an inspiration on how to live life to the fullest. I'm glad to help with a few little quilts.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You inspire me often and always... it WAS a great weekend!