Saturday, November 17, 2007

Z Kittty

Pets have always been a part of my life, my Mom had a Siamese (Thai) before she met my Dad...and he didn't pass away until I was in Jr High. I had to say goodbye to Z Kitty (my Lilac Point Siamese) this weekend...his kidneys were failing him and there was no need to watch him continue to decline. All who knew him would agree he had the most beautiful blue eyes and loved nothing more to sit on your lap or behind your head on the couch. He was 13. I was made to think about all that has happened in my life in 13 years...I have said goodbye to all four grandparents and my mother. But I have also gotten three wonderful nephews and a niece. The circle of life thing is sometimes hard to take. Go Postal put Z Kitty to rest beside Mocha...and I am not sure I could have done that without his help. Z Kitty loved to squeeze between us on the couch when watching TV. Pets are one of God's little blessings that often help remind me of what unconditional love really means. Zorro and I will miss him.

6 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh Nane, I am so sorry to hear about Z Kitty. He was always so sweet to visit us when we had bee at your house.

quiltkeemosabe said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are very special and it's hard to lose one. But you loved him well and he had a wonderful life with you. Sending a hug.....

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you had to go through that. Yes, our pets are definitely part of who we are, and it's hard to say goodbye. Remembering the good times will help to make you smile.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am so very sorry to learn about Z Kitty. I know what this kind of loss and sadness feel like, I pray that the happy memories will crowd out the pain as the days and weeks pass. I'm absolutely sure that Z Kitty is running and playing and happy and whole again in heaven. I'm sending you hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Z Kitty. He was always so loving!! I'm really glad and thankful that Mike was there for you!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Z. I know it is so hard. Kris