Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It looks like a Borg.....

For those of you that aren't Star Trek fans, the Borg were a race of people assimilated by machines, they had tubes and machine parts sticking out all over the place. My new ski boots are kind of like them. They put me in my new boot with a sock on and a pad over my ankle bones. They did try to leave a little space at the toes by putting a foam dam over the ends on the outside of the sock. Then the technician proceeded to use pliers to snug the shell up as tight as it would go. Then the fun started. (Now remember when I did this I already had skied two days and my feet were tender) They then mix up a foam that is inserted into the liners. First the tounge, then the heel and sides. This foam is so strong that I had to stand on a platform and pull up on bars using my arms so I wouldn't be lifted out of the footbed in the boot. If you had a suitcase of this foam you could lift a car I think. After five minutes of curing time...I had a new boot/liner that perfectly fits my foot. I do think it will make me ski better, but more importantly they fit perfect and hopefully will bring years of fun and comfort on the slopes. Just hate they are Carolina Blue.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy MOLY!!! I bet you were out a lot of cash for those. They look nice (other than Carolina blue).