Friday, March 12, 2010

Quick Trip to Atlanta


I took off Tuesday for Atlanta to visit Lila, but wanted to get there after the girls were in bed so we could have a good visit first. I wait until lunch to leave and that still gave me time to stop at Mary Jo's for some flannel I have been hunting for. Of course they had just what I needed...navy flannel for the back of my $5 blue star quilt and some yellow flannel for the back of a baby quilt made with Appalachian State fabric. Many of you know that the shopping center where she is has been undergoing major renovations. She has stayed in place and they are remodeling around her. This is the side view, and I guess they will come across the back next. It is still the same Mary Jo's (aka quilt fabric heaven) inside.




Here is the crew in Atlanta. Sofia and Jaquelyn hung out with us Wednesday afternoon. They had a big time in Kinley's room playing with all the dolls. Its hard to believe baby J will be a year old in about 6 weeks.


On the way home I came back through Hendersonville and toured the Warm and Natural (quilt batting) plant in preparation for a guild program I am putting together. I hate it rained the entrie way because I have not spent much time in that part of SC/NC and missed some great views.

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Sounds like it was a great trip just as you suspected it would be. I can't wait to hear about the plant tour.

Lila's babies have grown so much since the last photo I saw of them. They are beautiful.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

All of the kids are growing up, too fast! Love that you got a fast trip south with all the appropriate stopping places too! Well done.

KQ Sue said...

Did Warm & Natural load you up with any of their discard rolls or bags of batting?