Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do You Facebook?

I have to admit, I have been a little slow to get into the social networking. I have blogged a few years but mainly for my own enjoyment of keeping a written record of whats going on in my life and to share photos with friends and family. But I am starting to learn more about Facebook. I set up a page for the ski club, and have reconnected with a few old friends (but I really don't care what they are eating for dinner if you know what I mean) But I just now, chatted with Go Postal's nephew who is serving in Iraq. I updated him briefly on his grandfather and told him about the deer in my new garden. How comforting it must be for the guys/gals serving far away from home to keep in touch this way. I am looking into to using a page like this to stay in touch with my new job's client base and think it truely is here to stay. Might as well jump on the Facebook wagon, but I draw the line at Tweeting.

1 comment:

Salem Stitcher said...

Being able to stay connected to friends and family far away (especially in cases like GP's nephew) is the best thing about FB.

Like you though, I'm not Tweeting.