Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend Fun

Its time for my semi-annual quilt retreat at Montreat! This year I have to split my time with an Insurance Agency visit on Friday and Merlefest on Saturday. And we must hike to the overlook. I used to take this hike alone...but after last year's trek with Salem Stitcher and others I should have company from now on. Its a peaceful place and the energy I get from all these ladies will last me for the next few months. Buddy has been patiently waiting for his Star Wars quilt so I hope to get it done for him.
Saturday I will take off and meet Go Postal at Merlefest. We are working at the Merlefest Post Office from 12-3 so if you are there come say Hi! We haven't missed this festival in the last 6 years and its about the only thing that would make me leave Montreat early.
Then a wedding on Sunday where I understand the groom is from Scotland and yes he and his wedding party will be in Kilts.
So another weekend where I won't get the laundry done, won't clean the bathroom, or mow the grass!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'll miss you guys, have fun for me OK?

Hey, I'm glad I don't live next door to you~ ;)

Salem Stitcher said...

See...STILL I'm having trouble focusing...I've already printed out the trail map.

OhQuilter said...

Not hard at all to leave the house work behind!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, those things will still be waiting for you when you get back. Go and enjoy!!!

Summer said...

But, oh what fun! The other stuff can wait.