Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good Reminder

I went to a training class for work last week, one of those motivational speakers that remind us about our "soft skills" The engineer in me always thought these were kind of a waste of time, I am not sure you can teach people to be nice and respectful and thus good leaders if it isn't already in them....but I digress.

The speaker gave credit to George Carlin for the following, and it struck me as funny since this was out of character for him, but also a great reminder of how I hope I am living......

* Spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever
* Say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side
* Give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent
* Say "I love You" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside you.
* Hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again
* Give time to love, give time to speak. And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind
* Be a person of influence where people will come back to you

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

You are abolutely living those words. I do not know what I would have done without you these past couple of years.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You do all of those things and more. I am grateful to call you my friend.

MJMR said...

Amen

Karen Newman Fridy said...

and Amen!