Friday, June 3, 2011

5/8" Seams and Iron them Open....



I don't know how many years its been since I have sewn a garment...but I bought some fabric in Hawaii (Go Postal actually picked it out while I shopped for quilt fabric). So the Disney Cruise is coming up and I need to get his shirt done! I need to allow plenty of time to rip out seams because I know my quilting insticts will overtake me a time or two and I will make a 1/4" seam. We even bought coconut buttons.....and boy I hope I can remember how to make a button hole!

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I chuckled at this post. A few years ago we were going to a luau and in 24 hours I was trying to make a muumuu and a tropical print shirt for DH. Hadn't made clothes since my kids were young and it was a total gear shift. Good luck!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Seems huge doesn't it? Or should I say "seams"? I know that was one of the strangest things to accept when I first started quilting - the 1/4" seam. Now it seems strange to think of 5/8"!

I'm sure you'll do fine and GP will be stylin' on the cruise!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I remember sewing a skirt with 1/4" seams shortly after becoming a quilter. It was a pattern I had sewn from before... for a minute I thought I had lost weight! ;)