Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mid Atlantic Favorites

I took a whirlwind trip to the quilt festival. The main reason for my trip was to hang with friends and hit the vendor mall, but the quilts are always amazing too. Here are some of the quilts that caught my eye....and not necessarily due to workmanship but their subject. And I know I should cite the quilt makers but I didn't write anything down.

I am doing this post from my phone so not sure if it will keep these in order. The first is the best of show with a close up of the detail that was in the embellishments and quilting of these prancing carousel horses.

I loved the picture of the returning soldier and his child.

The next two are Zion and Arches National parks. I have seen these two images and they are spectacular and very quilt worthy. I liked the Texas quilt, (no photo) how could you not love a quilt with a jackrabbit and armadillo?

And the last is a wacky Linda Cantrell creation. History of the world according to her Boston terrier....this one is for Alden and Landon!















2 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I'm glad you got to go even for a little while!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It was SEW *groan* much fun!