Thursday, May 1, 2008

Off to Retreat!

After the work is done today (the work I get paid for anyway) its home to pack up two sewing machines, lots of fabric and several quilt UFO's. Its time for the semi-annual get a way to Montreat College at Black Mountain. Here I am inspired by much more talented quilters...inspired by the beautiful hiking trails....and usually tempted by the great outdoor store and quilt shop in town. The new little Civic will be packed full. I wish I could take Zorro with me, he would enjoy checking out all 20 quilters and their works in progress. He went around the room Monday night with my Bee buddies getting stroked by all. He has become so lonely without Zee that he now warms up to anyone that will pet him. I hope to quilt Teen's new grandbaby Mary's quilt, get three $5 blocks done, finish piecing last years $5 quilt (Chocolate Chickens) and tie two rail fence quilts that my great grandmother hand pieced for my Mom when she graduated high school. I am especially excited about these twin quilts. They have been in a cedar chest for about 50 years and its time for them to get done and proudly displayed. I will post pictures of my actual progress next week.

2 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

HAVE FUN!!! You always do. Don't drink too much wine with those crazy quilters :o)

Quilting Memories said...

Have fun and be safe. quilt lots of memories for us all to see.....
Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!