Friday, May 23, 2008

WMR is here early...so he gets a Quilt from FPQG!


One of my good friends had her baby early so has to spend some time growing in the local NICU. He is doing great. This photo was taken last Friday. He is now off the CPAP and should continue to grow and come home next week! I am the chair of our guild's preemie quilt program, so took the liberty to hand pick a quilt out of my stash at home that I knew would match his new room at home. Our guild members have been awesome in supporting this program. We collect 12-20 each month for the local hospitals. I will make sure the quilter that made this quilt gets a picture! His mother was thrilled with the gift. For all of you that take time to hand make special gifts for people you will never meet....THANK YOU! I am blessed to see the faces of those who recieve such special donations and know how much they are appreciated.

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, my goodness... so teeny. I can just tell that he'll love his quilt!! Thank you for all that you do, Nane!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

What a cutie pie. I saw the pictures that GR sent out. He's adorable. You are such a good friend to so many!!!!

Salem Stitcher said...

Glad to hear the little guy is doing fine and has a hand-picked quilt. You are the best!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Glad to hear that he's doing fine...I know that must be an anxious time for his parents. It's nice that you could pick his quilt...that makes it all the more special!