Monday, April 6, 2009

Trout Fishing

Go Postal and I are reading books by John and Staci Eldredge for a bible study at church. His book is called "Wild at Heart" mine is "Captivating". Part of the class is to go on "Adventures". Its a small class, just the pastor, teacher and the two of us so its been pretty laid back and fun. Yesterday's afternoon was spent trying to trout fish up in Daughton Park just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We both would like to learn to cast a fly rod someday...but for now just used the trusty Zebcos. It was a beautiful afternoon...probably close to 70's and that made up for not even SEEING a fish. It was also his birthday so we suggested a plan B for dinner since it was obvious we wouldnt be dining on trout. His Dad met us in Elkin on the way home for some Mexican food. The guys sang him Happy Birthday while we ate our sopapillas.

6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I just LOVE Sopaillas!! Happy Birthday to GP.

You may just be going back to Steamboat this summer to take advantage of the fly fishing there...

Karen Newman Fridy said...

It was beautiful where you were...who cares if there were no fish? Though it is fun to catch them! My dad and I used to go trout fishing all the time. You'll have to go again!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Mike looks SEXY in that picture!!! Hmmmmm . . . seems like a great birthday to me.

Salem Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday GP!

LauraQuilts said...

What a fabulous day! I love to go bait drowning - the fish can stay where they are! Glad you had a good time.

Carrie P. said...

My husband and I have read both those books too. Fly fishing is on my bucket list. One day.