Monday, January 11, 2010

Retreat Weekend!

I am home from another weekend with the gals of Miss Bee Havin. We have gone to the Lion's camp at Lake Norman for the last few years for a January retreat. I didn't stop sewing except for food and sleep this time and I am glad to have a lot of tops to show for it!

Here is Dairy Queen's $5 Quilt top...all put together an ready to send to the quilter, they are in bad need as Leadville Colorado was -14 on Saturday. We are using Wool batting for this one!
Here is my $5 quilt, I chose the blue option. SO is starting another class this month, this time it will be a chain quilt and I am choosing the bright color pallete!
Buddy wanted a Star Wars quilt, so he showed me how he wanted the ships placed and I got a pretty good start. I need to finish with some more detail in the ships and add some shooting between the tie fighters and Luke's X wing. I think I am going to add Star Wars in the border in yellow and possibly his name .....with Jedi before it of course.

And finally I was the last one to leave Sunday as I got all the rows stitched together for this fun Christmas top. Mrs Goodneedle and I had the same layer cake from Moda of Christmas fabrics. She choose a 9 patch pattern from the Moda bake shop which is going to look great. I went for the even easier route and just used 5" squares. Quiltkeemosabe just showed me how to pair a white 10" square on top of the layer cake piece, sew both sides, cut across both directions and ta da you have four two patches.


But the real bonus from a weekend like this is all the laughter and fun we have. It really re-charges my batteries and I am so thankful for all my quilting buddies!



7 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You are now, officially, a piecing MACHINE! Well done, roomie!!

MJMR said...

WOW! Ready, set, GO! You have set the standard high for the next retreat. Are you sure you took time to eat & sleep?

kris said...

They are AWESOME!!! You do amazing work!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Wow! You really were a sewing MACHINE! I didn't even see the last top...you must have done the entire thing Sunday. Very cool!

Wish I could have been there for the whole weekend, but Saturday was a blast!

Lizzie said...

Wow, lots of fun and something to show for it -what a great idea for January.

Unknown said...

I've never been on a quilt retreat before! What fun!

Carrie P. said...

Great show and tell! Nice to get things done.