Sunday, June 8, 2014

The weeks are moving so fast....

Granted we stay very busy but it's amazing how fast the time is going by. I look at Wade at times and swear he has just grown another inch and learned five new expressions. 

Mike and I took Friday off to get some things done without Wade....like looking at new cars. Both my Explorer and his mail car have over 200,000 miles so we wanted to at least narrow down our options. I want a car that gets 40mpg, is big enough for Wade and a friend in the back seat when they are 12 and has some zip with sporty styling. Well nobody can meet those requirements so I will have to probably compromise. The current front runner may be the 2015 Subaru Outback (not out yet). We drove a 2014 and the new one will improve the highway mileage to 33 highway. I really thought I would like the smaller Subaru XV for its sportier styling and handling but it is even more underpowered than the Outback. Here is the back side out the Outback in blue and the XV in white next to my Explorer. I hate this whole process. 

Mike was told if he put a right hand drive kit on a new Subaru it would negate the factory warranty, so he may have to work on his 99 until he retires. Which was the subject of our next stop, the financial advisor. 

We then set up the camper and had Alden and Landon join us for a overnight at Tanglewood. Wade was us at 6:15 but we had to stay inside until 7am to abide by the quiet hour policy. They all had fun I think. 
Not sure I could get them along for a big trip. The idea of no tv is too scary!

Then Saturday night Max spent the night with us. Putting two boys to sleep at the same time in the same room proved to be a little challenging but other than that we l had fun!


And after we had lunch on Sunday we took a photo for CCAI. They celebrate 11,000 kids placed this week and requested photos for their website. So here are our two out of the 11,000 blessings they have helped create. 


No comments: