Friday, June 27, 2014

Bye Bye Crib



Wade is excited about sleeping in his new bed, Mommy is sad to see the crib taken down.  It was bought for me and also was used for my two sisters. By today's standards it's a death trap for a small baby so I will repurpose the ends into a bench someday (I saw the idea on Pinterest) and surely I can figure out how to use the sides to display quilts. 

The ends still have the marks where I teethed on it many years ago. 

And with this transition it's goodbye to the rocket ship quilt that traveled to China with us and moving on to his eye spy quilt!  In another year or so it will be time to move up to the twin bed and the Peanuts quilt. But let's not rush things...he is already growing and changing so fast theat some days it stops me in my tracks. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Now this brought a lump to my throat... I've been reminded to celebrate the transitions and rejoice for the good health of our growing and maturing little ones. My head knows that, my heart is taking its own sweet time getting over seeing my own grands grow and change at lightning speed. Wade brings a smile to face at every mention and each photo; he is precious!