Thursday, January 10, 2008

Miss You Mom

I went to a visit a friend last night who lost his father. His mother was beside him in the receiving line and listening to news about a mutual friend. She commented to him "oh I will tell Roby" then immediately broke down realizing her husband of 60 years was now resting in the coffin beside her.


I too still think about things I would like to tell Mom and she has been gone six years next week.

*Like, look at my latest quilt...you inspired this side of me and taught me how to stitch

*Mary's love of babies since she was a little girl has made her a wonderful mother (she didn't get to meet either of her boys).

*Kim and her family have moved to Georgia and we all get to spend more time together now

*Dad has adjusted...and we are blessed to have Teen in our lives

*And just look, I finally found someone who makes me very happy and I know you would have loved him too...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry tonight reading this!!! You have done amazingly well with your life . . . even after your mom moved on. She would be really, really proud - and she would really like Mike!!!
I miss talking to you on a daily basis!

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh, this made me cry...and call my mom (at 10:50 p.m....she loved that)!

Anonymous said...

OK, You are going to make me finally leave a comment with this one (as soon as I get done crying!) I miss mom too and I feel in my heart that she knows about all the things you want to tell her for she is our guardian angel. I bet she is up in heaven right now looking down on us with Zee on her lap...both just a smilin'!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Nane said...

No idea that spammers hit blogs too but that must be what this crescenet is