Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A New $5 Quilt gets started!


A New $5 Quilt class has begun at my local quilt shop. Each month that we have our block completed, we get the next month's free. So far...its just been half square triangles...Woo Hoo.
Hopefully I can keep up. They did give us a pass to use one month in the year...when you just can't get everything done!

Last year's $5 quilt involved using templates. Some blocks had as many as 50 pieces and I did both the traditional colors and the brights. Learned my lesson this time, I only have time to do one at a time. When I get last year's tops assembled I will post them.

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Your blocks look great! I had a hard time choosing colors so I signed up for both. I'll learn...

Anonymous said...

I never got to do $5 quilt blocks with you! SAD!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That anonymous was me again. My fat fingers hit the ENTER key and posted it too soon.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

...some had MORE than 50 pieces last year, but who's counting?! Your blocks look great, you'll keep up easily this year.