Wednesday, January 2, 2008

100 Things I'd like to do before I die....

A group of my ski club friends all shared our lists as we waited to celebrate the New Year. It was a lot of fun to see how much we had in common...we have no shortage of great ideas for trips now (but need to win the lottery first).

But before I post my 100 things, I started by looking back at my first 40 years and assesing what I have already been blessed to accomplish. Here are some of the high lights to me:


Visited: India, Singapore, England, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria
Mexico, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Dominican Republic
Swam with a dolphin with Marshall
Earned an BSIE, MBA
Became an Aunt, watch Alden be born
Stayed in a Presidential Suite at a nice hotel
Stood on the pontoon of a float plane on a lake in the middle of Alaskan wilderness
See a whale breach by our boat in Alaska
Been to Summer Olympics, NBA Playoffs, Orange Bowl, Women's Final Four
Rode a bullet train in France, then went to England via the Chunnel
Hiked to Angel's Landing - Zion National Park
Hiked to Lake Solitude - Teton National Park
Rode a horse along the beach in Puerto Rico
Went Powdercat Skiing in Colorado
Saw sea turtles hatch and scurry to the sea
Drove on the autobahn
Climbed up the Eifel Tower
Rode a Zip Line across a gorge in Whistler
Read the Bible cover to cover (doesn't mean I understood it all)
Rode the Slickrock trail in Moab
Became friends with my parents and sisters as adults
Fell in Love

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Those are all huge, momentous accomplishments! Give yourself a round of applause; but even better than all that you've done, you should know that you're cherished for the person that you are. I think you do. Thanks for being such a good friend!