Sunday, March 2, 2008

Learnin' New Skills

While Go Postal cut with his chainsaw, I loaded and moved the pieces to the large stack of firewood along the field. If my day job doesn't work out maybe I have discovered a new career. But, forget backing up with a trailer...if I can't get there by going forward then its not happening. Needless to say after working steady from 9 until about 6 I was wiped. And with daylight savings coming next weekend...I don't know if I can hang with him all day. Banjo has the right idea...he naps in the barn all day then shows up at dusk for his dinner.


I also learned a new word (I thought it was more of his Yadkin-ese but my Dad and Teen knew it to) Stob. We went looking for the stobs marking the corners of his property.

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

"Stob"-- yep, I knew that, too. But then, I'm a country girl! You look cute on the tractor!

Salem Stitcher said...

You look like a natural on that tractor! I'd be napping in the barn with Banjo myself.

I knew stob too but that's because I'm married to a surveyor who uses weird words like that all the time.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Does Banjo need a sidekick?

Never heard of a stob, so I've learned something new too. Looks like fun, but don't work too hard!

Anonymous said...

WORKING THE TRACTOR LOOK!!! I like it!!

Faith said...

Well Ive learnt a new word now lol.
You look the part on that tractor dont wear yourself out too much
faithx