Sunday, March 30, 2008

Forget It....

I am buying a Civic instead of a Mini Cooper....and letting the contractor take down this wallpaper. I hope he doesn't laugh too hard when he gets my message that I want him to do it all. (Maybe I am not the only one who changes their mind after trying something like this for the first time) I thought the estimate sounded a little high, but after tackling the first wall...I think its going to be worth every penny. I hope wallpaper never comes back in style....I can see how it hides flaws because my builder didn't do as good of job finishing the sheet rock in the rooms where the wallpaper is. The wallpaper comes off easy enough, but its the residual paste that is tormenting me. I am blessed to have a good job, and lots of other interests.....so not tackling this job.

As far as the car....as much as I loved the Mini Cooper S....they are still too expensive to be a second car (that will get a lot of miles put on it each year) There was a '98 Civic 5 speed in the paper today, if its still here when Go Postal gets home I will go check it out. The goal right now is to save $$...it really stinks being responsible sometimes.

2 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Sorry to hear the wall paper turned out to be such a chore!!!!! Sadly, it's already coming back in style :o(

Good luck with the Civic! It does STINK being responsible sometimes!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yeah, being responsible and thrifty is not for the cowardly, you are very brave. I'd create an employment opportunity for the handyman, too... hey-- you're saving $ on the car. ;)