Saturday, April 5, 2008

Where's the Integrity?


I was giving a trip to Go Postal TODAY for his birthday. A trip to Florida next weekend to see one of his favorite bands Los Lonely Boys and a few days of R&R on the beach. I woke up to the news that effective immediately Skybus is out of business. No refunds, no flying out the month etc. Now, I work for a big corporation and don't doubt they are out of money due to rising fuel costs...but you can't tell me they didn't see this coming. Four days is not enough notice to find alternate air. If he still wants to go....I guess we will have to make it a road trip. Good thing I picked up my new (Used) Honda Civic last night. It is supposed to get close to 38 mpg on the highway....


Kudos to Allegient air who also recently announced they would be suspending their flights from Greensoboro. They gave their customers some notice. Can you imagine having to explain to your kids that the trip to Disney that you have been planning all year is now off...I am sure that will happen this week.

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I am so sorry they messed up your trip. We heard it on the news this weekend and thought they said Skybus was honoring their tickets for the next month but I guess that's the media not getting the story right as usual.

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Were you able to find any other flights?

Nane said...

Road Trip!!!