Monday, April 7, 2008

Civic 5 Speed


I forgot how much fun driving a little 5 speed can be. I took this car to Boonville twice this weekend and the needle barely moved on the gas gauge. The dome light still glows red (that had at one time matched the red neon running lights that were installed along with the large muffler) Go Postal's birthday trip is now a road trip...so we will give this guy a good long trip (Tampa) this weekend. We are off to the Tampa Blues festival (mainly to see the Los Lonely Boys on Saturday night) We will probably check out some Cuban food in Ybor city and hope to catch a sunset or two at the beach. Dont worry Miss Bee Havin...we will still get the Explorer out when its time to pack up four quilters and their machines for Black Mountain!

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great car! You guys will have so much fun this weekend. My family all had tickets on Skybus for Kyle's upcoming wedding... everyone's scrambling now. I'm not worried one bit about a quilt-mobile, we always make do somehow. ;)You are getting all thrifty in your "old" age.

Almond-Rubio Family said...

LOVE THE NEW CIVIC!!!!!! Nice!!!! Can't wait to take it for a ride.

Salem Stitcher said...

Cool little car! I bet I haven't driven a 5 speed in 25 years. I had a little Datsun King Cab that I drove all over the place and there's nothing like it.

Have fun on your Tampa road trip!

Rosie said...

I too, am going to see LLB! Coming all the way from MASS & VT! Leaving tomorrow! WOOHOO!If you've never seen them before, you are in for a REAL TREAT!!! I will be going to Orlando House of Blues friday the 11th, where they will be sharing the stage with Buddy Guy! You should try to make that one, too! Tampa is going to be FUN! We'll be the ones in the front row screaming and yelling! We'll have on our LLB clothes,and before the show, we'll be outside street teaming and handing out SWAG!! Stop & say HI!!!