Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Roller Skating...Well Kind Of



Buddy's school has a skate night one Tuesday each month (proceeds go to the PTA) so I finally made one. He had been using cheater skates (the wheels were very tight) but last night had to use regular big kid skates. After several spills he started getting his balance and was even able to make turns by the end of the evening. Little Man has a way to go...we played some air hockey while Mom and Alden skated. We went skating a lot when living in Casper as kids (long winters I guess) and I could "shoot the duck" with the best of them. That entailed skating until the whistle blew, then getting down on one skate with your other leg straight out in front of you. Last one still rolling...won. If I tried that today, my adult center of gravity (back end related) would plop me straight on the floor!









3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I bet that was a blast. Roller skating was the big thing when I was in school. It was like cruising without the cars. I'd break something if I tried it now. You are a brave soul!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I bet you could still shoot that duck!

Anonymous said...

We used to go to the Roller Skating rink like Salem Stitcher said . . . it was our cruising!! Lots of smooching going on at the rink :o) Be careful Little Man!