Monday, March 17, 2008

Should I give up Fun to Drive for Gas Mileage or Spend the extra $$?


I have considered buying a used small car...to save $$ at the pump and slow down the mileage on my Explorer. I still love my Explorer and will keep it for skiing/biking/trips. But just to go up and down the road to Go Postal's house a little car would make a lot of sense. Now the hard part, I can get a used Civic...basic transportation should get mid 30's on the highway. Or.....go for the fun option (which will cost about 4 times as much because they are much newer) and get the Mini Cooper....about the same mileage, but much cooler to drive. Thoughts?




5 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Let Go Postal buy you the car at the same time that he buys you a RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nane said...

Then I will have to settle for something that has at least 150k miles! Good thing he doesn't read this blog ;)

Salem Stitcher said...

That big honkin' car payment gets old after a while...believe me. BUT...on the other hand what's life without a little fun? Carpe Cooper!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I echo the car payment lament, however... the Cooper's cuter.

Quilting Memories said...

HAPPY EASTER from Quilting Memories