Monday, August 18, 2008

Great Weekend

I got to participate with two different groups of people this weekend but doing things I love. Friday my Miss Bee Haven group had an in town retreat....I worked on getting my antique quilt tops tied in time for company at the end of September (I will post a picture when they are both done and on the twin beds in my guest room). We quilted from 8 am until dinner and finished the evening off with Italian!!!

Then Saturday my ski and outing club took a evening hike to the top of Hawksbill where we wanted to watch the sun set and the moon rise. No chance of rain according to the weather forecast...but alas a storm quickly approached just as I laid out a great picnic. Here is a shot of us all right before our rapid decent pointing out the lightening bolts we see in the distance. We all agreed we would try again, we got a glimpse of a brilliant red ball peaking from behind the clouds and over the rim of the gorge just before we took off. Luckily we made it back down before the rain and lightening got to us. Go Postal and I are off to Tsali next weekend to mountain bike and raft the Nantahala with my sister's family from Atlanta....good thing we aren't camping but staying in a cabin since the remnants of Hurricane Fay may bring us some much needed rain.

6 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

GREAT picture!!!! Wish I was hiking with you guys. I walk the neighborhood once or twice a day now with Sofia on my back and the 2 dogs on leashes. We are ready for a good hike!!!! How far is Tsali from Atlanta?

Nane said...

Not sure, but Kim usually makes it there in less time than we do...probably 4 hours

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Hikers!! Glad the storm held off for you guys... it's good you have the work week to recover from the weekends! ha!!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

What a view! Sorry it was cut short by the storm.
Those quilts are going to be snuggly warm and will look great on the beds...I know your guests will enjoy them

Salem Stitcher said...

The hike looks like a lot of fun. One day...

Quilting Memories said...

Hiking looks like such fun, but not for me, I am definitely too lazy!!!!! Good to be at the guild meeting, just not enough time to talk to everyone, but will be home soon, then will be able to attend them for a few months...I do enjoy your blogs, love the kids, and your quilts are outstanding, keep on Quilting Memories,someone is always glad you are....Bobbin