Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thirty Years Ago......



This is the house I lived in from 1st grade until the middle of 4th grade in Houston. On the way back from Honduras I knew I would have a long layover...so I used mapquest to locate the street. It has been updated of course but some things were still recongnizable. I remember Uncle Lee and Dad fixing the wobbly light by setting a coffee can around the base and filling it with cement. If you click on the picture and enlarge you can still see the cement ring around the base. I saw a guy pull into the neighbors house...and I asked him when he moved in. I found out he was a first cousin of the kids we used to live by. Ricky was two years older than I and we had all kinds of fun riding bikes around the dead end and imitating The Fonz from Happy Days. He said I normally would have had a good chance to see Ricky about this time of night as he stoped by often but he was on vacation this week, riding his Harley up in Sturgis. Hmmm if we had never moved away...would I have been up there with Ricky on a Harley too? This old Dodge truck is Ricky's....looks similar to Go Postal's old Dodge, that made me smile. Now if I can just get back to Casper Wyoming and check out our next house......



2 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Is Ricky single !?!?

:o)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Memory lane... what a trip! Thanks for sharing... yeah, I can see you in Sturgis!