Monday, December 22, 2008

December Fun

Go Postal and I have really had a busy December. But most of the presents are wrapped (I think all the shopping he has left is me, and I refuse to help him on that one!), we have mailed cards, and have been to several Christmas programs. I have never attended so many in one December but what fun.
  • Calvary Christmas Program (with his Dad)

  • Nutcracker (Buddy,my sister and I)

  • Casting Crowns Holiday Concert

  • Beautiful Star, An Appalachian Nativity (with his Dad)

  • Not to mention the cookie parties, our ski club get together and tonight's viewing of Christmas Vacation with my rowdy quilting buddies.

All have been really special for different reasons. Now its just time for some last minute cooking, a candle light Christmas Eve service and then just kicking back and enjoying Christmas day!


We also treated ourselves to a nice dinner out at one of our local wineries Saturday night. We stopped by to pick up a gift certificate and were amazed they had tables available so we indulged. Sometimes the nicest evenings are those that were not planned.

If you get a chance check out the Century Kitchen at Flint Hill Vineyards located just south of East Bend in Yadkin County. I don't think you will be dissapointed.


5 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

We finished up our shopping and wrapping this weekend and I think all I have to do now is sit back and relax...sometimes at home, sometimes in the car traveling to family.

I'm looking forward to tonight's bee meeting most of all!

kris said...

I know the head chef at Century Kitchen..I work with his wife. He is a great guy, not just an amazing chef!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Gotta check out that restaurant! Oh, and by the way... I am not rowdy! Do you think that because of the tattoo? ;)

Carrie P. said...

You aren't giving Go Postal even one little hint for your Christmas presents? You have been having fun.

Almond-Rubio Family said...

You HAVE been busy! I'm tired just reading about everything you did!!!! Can't wait to see you later this month and add 1 more thing to the list of things that you are doing this month :o)