Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A New UFO!

Our Bee plays Dirty Santa each December and there is rarely a gift I wouldn't love to have in any of the bags. Last night I took my turn to "steal" a handmade tote full of neutral fat quarters. But alas it was stolen away from me. So I decided to open another wrapped gift...and what I had was the perfect gift for me. I have never made stockings...and this gift game complete with the fabric to make these two! I think I will hand quilt these and even make the little wool flower hangers at the top. I think its the nine patch for me, and the flying geese for Go Postal. Thanks Salem Stitcher! Good thing I have almost 12 months to complete them!

6 comments:

Almond-Rubio Family said...

No ring . . . no stocking for Go Postal. HMPH!!! I'm starting to get mad again!

Nane said...

Yes, and no quilt block on his new barn....unless I get to park there too.

Carrie P. said...

I think you definitely got a steal. Those stocking should be fun to make. Now you have plenty of time to get them done for next Christmas. Have a Merry One.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

They will be beautiful! Our party was fun, as always! I think movie night should be our new tradition.

Anonymous said...

That is likely the best Dirty Santa I've ever seen! Congrats and Merry Christmas

Heritage Quilter said...

I'm with you. Love the nine patch.