Monday, December 8, 2008

Mind Tricks

OK everyone can see its a pewter owl. But when you haven't been getting enough sleep you mind can play tricks on you. I was unpacking Christmas stuff last week and heard skittering noises in the corner above the TV. I looked up and saw this back in the shadows behind a speaker (not where it normally is) The noises, the shadows, not enough sleep...I was convinced I saw its head move and was real. I retreated to my room, and called Go Postal who was already on his way and told him to hurry. I thought in addition to trying to seal up the attic he would have to get the bird out of the house. He was very brave, put on gloves...got a towel to wrap it up and approached the shelf. Needless to say, we then had a good laugh. The noises were real, the bird was not. So far the flying squirrels want nothing to do with peanut butter or almonds. The skittering continues. Not sure if they have another access point or just have enough acorns stored that they can last the winter.

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The mind can indeed can play tricks... glad your owl moving was only a figment of your imagination... he's very cute, in pewter! I think it's time to call out the big guns on your 'visitors'.

Carrie P. said...

That's so funny. Try to get more sleep!

Salem Stitcher said...

The owl would have freaked me out too!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

What a HOOT!! ;-)

Almond-Rubio Family said...

Now I KNOW you are starting to lose it :o)