Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Insane Log Cabin




Scott Murkin presented at one of my local guild's last night. He is a great quilter, Dad, and physician all at the same time. This log cabin quilt is amazing. It is made with tiny log cabin blocks...each log measures 1/4". When a magazine wanted to published the pattern they calculated it would take 40 yds of fabric due to all these tiny seams. He said it took him 9 months to complete. Its great to have nationally recognized quilters in our area for inspiration! I love the Log Cabin pattern, but it would take me 9 months just to cut this out!

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I'm glad you took a picture. I didn't get a chance to go look at the quilting (too busy running my mouth). It is an incredible quilt.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Amazing... I bet he built whole villages from his Lincoln Logs!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Whoa!!! How'd he do that??? (and not go blind!!) Amazing!

Joyce said...

Dr. Scott spoke at our Devine Guild in Columbia last year. He also brought this quilt with him. You are right in that it is absolutely amazing. He also gives a great lecture. We really enjoyed his visit.