Monday, January 12, 2009

Sparks were flying at the cabin!


I set out to put our Relay for Life raffle quilt top together this weekend, not remembering how long it takes me to put together 35 blocks and three borders. At one point Sunday afternoon, my featherweight became possesed (it was probably my Great Grandmother reminding me that for every stitch you sew on Sunday...you will rip out nine on Monday). It was if the pedal was stuck and there was no stopping it. I grabbed the wheel to stop the needle and looked down to literally see sparks around the pedal cord. I couldn't hold the wheel and reach to unplug the machine at the same time so I yelled for Go Postal. Luckily he is pretty handy and had the pedal apart and the offending short fixed so I was back at it soon. I finshed the top at 9pm and think it is going to be really great once quilted. Thanks to all in my Bee that helped cut and piece the blocks.

8 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow! The quilt looks great! I know you are glad to have it done. I'm glad Go Postal could fix your petal. I would have freaked out if I saw sparks. I do electrical things like you do dead things.

Carrie P. said...

It is beautiful. Love the colors.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It's so much better in PERSON..it just glowed last night. You did a great job!

Bonnie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My mom said "sew on Sunday, pick out the stitches with your nose"! I never really figured that one out!! It's wonderful, Nane, truly wonderful.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Gorgeous!!!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

I thought you could quilt on Sunday as long as it's something that is pleasurable for you (no chores on Sunday) - that's what our Disciple class talked about anyway! I guess the rule is up for interpretation.

Any other sparks fly that day???? :oP

Heritage Quilter said...

Soo pretty. Looks soft and cozy already. Sunday's are for rest and praise for God's blessings. I guess if you are stitching for his hornor and glory and not personal benefit or praise, he won't mind.

Unknown said...

Oh My!!!! How I LOVE this quilt!
Linda
http://lmpoole.blogspot.coim