Monday, May 17, 2010

And the Winner Is......Summer!

The Relay for Life Raffle Quilt will be headed up North where I know it will be put to good use this Fall and Winter. Summer's Mom is a cancer survivor and I am so glad she is this year's winner. Summer consider it a big hug from NC when it arrives. Thanks to everyone that supported this drawing....we raised about $600 for the American Cancer Society. Our event ended rather abruptly Friday night as a massive thunderstorm headed our way. I grabbed the quilt and headed to Go Postal's truck where we tried to wait it out. By about 9:30 everyone packed up and headed home. Maybe the weather will cooperate better next year.

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations to Summer, and you for a most commendable fund raiser. Too bad you got rained out.

Summer said...

I am SOOOO EXCITED about winning! It's a beautiful quilt and I can't wait to use it!