Thursday, July 15, 2010


On our trip home yesterday we learned the terrible news that my cousin Chantelle had had an accident while floating the North Platte River in Casper, Wy with her husband and friends. Josh lost his wife, Uncle Fred lost his daughter and I lost a first cousin. This is my Dad dancing with her at her wedding last September.
Words can't express how sad I fell for her family and husband. Uncle Fred, Aunt Nancy and her little brother Tanner were at my wedding last weekend, and still not home. They were in Ohio and my Aunt and cousin are helping them drive home.
Though I didn't know her very well as an adult.....she was a delight to be around every time I did see her.
Chantelle was....24
Beautiful Inside and Out, with a strong resemblence to our Grandmother
A Nurse, a vocation fitting for her caring spirit
A Christian, and I hope her family's faith can get them through this terrible loss.

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh, my heart aches.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am heartsick to think of this devastating loss for you and your family, please extend my sympathy to your aunt and uncle and know that you all are in my prayers.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, how terrible. Praying for you all.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Goodness...I'm so sorry. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers during this terribly difficult time.