Friday, June 13, 2008

Quilt Show







Our Guild's show is this weekend and the members were treated to a private viewing last night. There are really some talented ladies in this group. Here are my entries. The first one many of you have signed...its my "Not Fretting Forty" made for me by my Miss Bee Having buddies last year for my suprise birthday party. It earned a third place ribbon in the group quilt category. Thanks to everyone who helped on this one....I love it!
The second quilt is "Four Turtles at Topsail" PL told me that if it won a ribbon she expected it to be still on it when I returned it to her....so ok, it also got a third place ribbon in wall quilts-mixed technique. This is the first third place ribbon I have earned on my own!
The third quilt is "Mary's Pinwheels" and will be heading to London after the show. Mary is now about 6 month's old! I will use the technique of folded triangles to make the 3-D pinwheels again.
The last is Landon's quilt, made with some fabric I bought the day he was born. (I was in Breckenridge skiing!)
Our guild has gotten a newspaper article in today's paper about our show (complete with a picture of Salem Stitcher) and great television coverage on WFMY this morning. I left the house at 5:45am this morning to do a segment about our preemie quilt program.




5 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Congrats on your ribbons! LP and I were so giddy during the judging when your quilts got ribbons.

I do wish that news article in the paper this morning had featured just the quilts and not me sitting amongst them. I had been toting quilts and it was 100 degrees. I was NOT ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations!! Forty looks good on you, and your quilt. Well done, Nane! You've been quite productive, well deserved kudos.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Yea!!! Well done! And you say you never quilt except on retreats...hmmm... :-)

I hadn't seen the last quilt with the lizard before...I love it! Great fabrics

Quilting Memories said...

Congratulations, your quilts are great. Wish I could be there to see them in person,maybe next year!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

You WON A RIBBON!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!! You go. You are definitely getting better with age :o)