Monday, June 7, 2010

The Gift of a Day

We were supposed to go on a hike Saturday, and one of the participants forgot about another event they had already comited too and had to cancel. I know he felt bad, but what a blessing a Saturday....with nothing planned can be. I caught up on just a few things that were severely neglected lately. After all the chores, Go Postal and I enjoyed a bowl of ice cream on the porch swing, finished all but the very last row of flooring in the barn and went to see his Dad. A pretty full day.


Here is Zorro strutting around after loosing all this winter fur on the table. Too bad there isnt a way to use cat fur as quilt batting.

Go Postal needed some new annuals in this trough at his cabin. He will be having lots of visitors in a few weeks so things need to get spiffed up a little.


I havent had such a poor showing of flowers since moving into my house. I dug up all this grass and replaced......




With double wave petunias.........




I was able to get my two $5 quilt blocks cut out (in between my material handling duties of brining more flooring into the barn and staging them for Go Postal)
And finally, here is Banjo.... so exhausted from watching all the work in the garden (I had to chop out a lot of grass and do damage assesment....the deer are chomping all the tops off the tomatoes and the ground hog has completely eaten all the cucumber vines)
I bought some more deer repelant and the ground hog has a bounty on its cute little head......He is also burrowing under the pack house and making the foundation unstable so he needs to be gone. I also got Banjo brushed although I had to physically pick him up from this position and take him over to the stairs to get his brushing. I put all his fur in the garden to see if it will deter any visitors. It was a hot day and my legs are very sore from all the bending over....but how nice to get the unexpected time, we will reschedule the hike soon I hope.

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

"Found" time is the best time, you made such good use of it too! So, did you finish up the ice cream? ;)

OhQuilter said...

I think the hike would have been less work! You wore me out just reading you Saturday jobs! And Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had fun!

Salem Stitcher said...

I love a surprise day free day! Looks like you made good use of it.

I bet we could spin Zorro's winter fur into yard and knit a sweater!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Spin it...or needlefelt it!! (boy I bet he felt better after shedding all that!)