Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Critter and I Meet


Remeber Zorro and I have been hearing things in the ceiling above my bed. But I stuffed a towel under the access door from my sewing room closet to the attic so thought I would just ignore the problem for now. Well last night I had to do some ironing, and the board hangs from the back of that closet door. I was letting the iron cool and remembered that I left my cell phone upstairs. As I walk in I hear a paniced scratching sound near my dormer window and look over to see a creature hanging like spider man in the corner. I freaked...its amazing I didn't trip going down the stairs (I only think I hit about two). But who do I call....Go Postal and Dad are both long distance calls and my LAN line phone can only make local calls. So I have to be a big girl and tackle this thing on my own. Zorro is laying on the couch looking at me like...why are you so suprised, he's been up there for months.


I creep back up the stairs and see a chipmunk sitting right in the middle of my sewing room...between me and my cell phone. So I start banging on the door facing and he crawls behind the computer desk...after scratching at a few fleas...Ugh. I get my phone, dart out of the sewing room and stuff a towel under the door.


I heard him last night again between the floors so he figured out how to get back out to the attic I guess...and Go Postal is coming over to help seal the gap in the roof sheathing where we think he is getting in.


Then, Zorro gets flea dipped and we spread boroxo on the carpet before a flea infestation hits.


But then on second thought, I can use this as a good excuse for not working on my #4 UFO in our Guild challenge.....a chipmunk has taken my sewing room hostage.

7 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Well, at least chipmunks are cute. It could be worse. But...I would have still screamed if I found him sitting in the middle of the sewing room. Maybe Banjo needs to come for another visit and have free roam of the house for a while...or teach Zorro how to be a mouser...uh...chipmunker.

Carrie P. said...

I would rather have a chipmunk in my house rather than a mouse. I think. They both make lots of scratching noises.
Since I am new to your blog,and you probably mentioned this somewhere in your entries but I am curious about the log cabin picture. Do you live in it? The quilt is beautiful.

Nane said...

The cabin belongs to my boyfriend "Go Postal" we took this picture of our Relay for Life raffle quilt two years ago...and I just really still like it.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Awww...chippies are sooo cute! But ONLY when they are OUTSIDE where they belong!!! Ugh!! Sounds like it needs the mark of Zorro...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I thought you were going to say it was a BAT! I hope that by now Alvin has been relocated... and yes, you're right, that's a great excuse for the the UFO challenge! I would call up any excuse and use it for all it's worth!

LauraQuilts said...

Hey, you guys...remember UFO #4 is so over. It's UFO #9 now! Saints preserve us!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

You are the most capable woman in the world . . . it cracks me up you are scared of the chipmunk!!! FUNNY!!!!!!! :o)