Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is My Number Up?


My employer is laying off about 160 folks from our building today... I have mixed emotions about this. Our industry is increasingly difficult but not like many others in today's economy. I went back to school 10 years ago to get an MBA fully expecting to have to make a change someday. If its today, I pray I keep a good attitude and find the next chapter in my career soon. I know there will be others today that won't have the years of service and thus weeks of severance that I do....and have children to support. I pray for them too.

4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I pray you are not one of them too. My husband brought home a copy of an email that went out and he is not one being layed off. Thank the Lord. I wish they wouldn't do this around Christmas.

Salem Stitcher said...

When I heard it on the news, I thought of you. I've got you in my prayers.

MJMR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJMR said...

Good luck, hope the pink slip does not come your way. The holiday season is such a sad time for these type of things to happen. But is there a "good" time?