Monday, November 24, 2008

Fried or Roasted?


This is the first year I will eat two turkey dinners on the same day. Go Postal's family is having a fried turkey (their church is making them for a fundraiser). I will go the traditional route and roast a fresh turkey from Whole Foods for supper that evening with both my sisters and their families. I haven't made many turkeys...Mom always used the bag, but last year I tried my hand at roasting a fresh turkey. I think because they are not frozen they stay a little juicier and I love the way you can get the skin to brown by not using the bag. What do you like?
I am taking Wednesday off to get a head start so I can enjoy Thursday. It might take two Thanksgiving meals for me to keep up with my sisters Friday morning as we hit all the early bird sales.
Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you and your families have a wonderful day. I know we all have a lot to be thankful for.....

5 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

We always go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. They fix a tradition turkey and fry a turkey. The fried one always dissappears faster than the other one. I used to get one from the grocery store already roasted and it was the best...juicy and no cooking!

Carrie P. said...

We are doing a Honey Baked ham this year. I have never had a fried turkey before. Smoked turkeys are good. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Roast my own, fresh not frozen. How will you prepare the attic bounty?

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I've always roasted, but this year we hosted our dinner group in Nov. and had an early feast...and this time I fried the turkey with cajun butter injector and a cajun rub. It was soooo amazingly good...there were hardly any leftovers from that 14.5 lb bird!

Almond-Rubio Family said...

I've never had a fried turkey, but I've heard they are good! Have fun doing all of that early bird shopping!!! Looking for anything in particular?